Health & Safety Policy
Employee health & safety policy.
Health & Safety Policy
Priority Healthcare is vitally interested in the health and safety of its employees. Protection of employees from injury or occupational disease is a major continuing objective. We will make every effort to provide a safe, healthy work environment. All supervisors and workers must be dedicated to the continuing objective of reducing risk of injury. Priority Healthcare is ultimately responsible for worker health and safety, and will take every reasonable precaution possible for the protection of our employees.
We are committed to promoting a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors, customers and visitors. In pursuit of our commitment, Priority Healthcare will develop, implement and enforce such policies and procedures that promote and provide a healthier, safer work environment. We understand the importance of safety to the well-being and productivity of our people, and strive to safeguard the workplace from injury and malfeasance through dereliction of duty towards safety.
Priority Healthcare will act in compliance with all applicable workplace health and safety legislation.
Priority Healthcare encourages open communication on health and safety issues. It is essential to providing an injury-free and productive work environment.
- Employees that voice or identify a health and safety concern will not be subject to retaliation.
- Health and safety comments will be reviewed by Human Resources. The Human Resources team will initiate an investigation on each reported and/or potential hazard.
- Employees are encouraged to inform their supervisor or Human resources of any matter they perceive to be an actual or potential workplace hazard.
- Communication can be written or oral, and may be anonymous, if so desired.
Board Members and Executives/Employers
- These company officials are responsible for supplying an effective strategy that can manage the occupational health and safety concerns of Priority Healthcare.
- They must ensure that resources are allocated and governed properly to achieve the health and safety requirements of employees, and that their policies comply with Priority Healthcare’s legal obligations.
- Foster a workplace culture of safety, with appropriate leadership.
- Review the policies efficacy on an annual basis, and revise where necessary.
- Providing the committee with a copy of all orders or reports issued to the employer by a Ministry of Labour Inspector informing the committee of any work-related incidents involving injury, death or occupational illness.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and enforcing Priority Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Continually promote health and safety awareness with instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of employees.
- Utilize the process of hazard identification, risk management and incident investigation.
- Perform occupational health and safety inspections of the workplace to identify and control any and all hazards to employees.
- Accountable for the health and safety of workers under their supervision.
- Ensure that machinery and equipment are safe and that employees work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Ensure that employees receive adequate training in their specific work tasks to protect their health and safety.
- Conduct health and safety meetings.
- Liaison with government agencies to ensure workplace health and safety compliance.
- Act as an advisor to management on safety and health policy issues.
- Coordinate health and safety inspections, and follow up to ensure the completion of necessary corrective actions.
- Develop Best Practices.
- Design and develop accident / incident reports and investigation procedures.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of health and safety regulations as mandated locally, federally, or by the province / state.
- Design and develop company policies and procedures on workplace safety and health issues.
- Review injury and illness trends, and identify problem areas and solutions.
- Responsible for compliance with occupational health and safety policies and procedures.
- Must notify managers of any health and safety concerns, so that they may be dealt with promptly.
- Every employee must protect his or her own health and safety by working in compliance with the law and with safe work practices and procedures established by the company.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
- Report unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions, without fear of reprisal, to their Manager or Human Resources.
All Staff Are Responsible for the Following
- Completion of required occupational health and safety training.
- Performance of their duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace, following all safety practices and procedures.
- Reporting of any incident, injury or hazard as outlined in procedures.
- Report any acts of violence or harassment in the workplace.
- Promoting a hazard-free workplace.
- Learning the posted Emergency Plan detailing their facilities procedures pertaining to: Fire, Weather, or Medical Emergency.